Monday 28 October 2013

Post-chemo celebration's and the start of new hair!

Been doing lots of celebrating and living this last week and a half!

My fabulous work friends very generously got me a "spa day", I saved this and booked it for the end of chemotherapy as something to focus on and look forward too. So last Friday me and my beautiful Mum went, we had an amazing day! For the first time in a very long time I felt fully relaxed and felt like a human again, and almost completely forgot about this cancer stuff! Was lovely to be able to see my Mum having a good day too as she has spent so long these last few months seeing me unwell and taking time off work to come to horrible appointments. I followed this with a Chinese and some wine with my Mum and boyfriend. All in all a perfect day.

Saturday me and the boyfriend took a trip to the Trafford centre, had a look round lush and bought the hair products I've had my eye on since before chemo! Hair growth products! "Roots" which is good for forcing head massages out of people smells minty and the "new bar" which is a shampoo bar containing cinnamon, both are meant to encourage hair follicles to grow. Fingers crossed it works, even if it doesn't at least my head will smell lovely.

I have had three lunch dates too, one with a close friend, one with a few of the girls from work with their babies and one with my boyfriend, beautiful best friend and gorgeous god-daughter.

Thursday (24th October) I had a, hopefully final, head shave as it was exactly one month post last chemo. My hair seems to now be coming through pretty evenly so I'm letting it grow wild. Going to try and take regular photos so i can see how quickly it's growing. These are pictures from the 24th of my hair, brows and lashes.


Oh, and I now have 3 lashes, they still seem to be dropping along with my eyebrows, hoping it wont be long before they grow back.


Here's to hair-growth and happiness! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment