Wednesday 24 July 2013

Just a quick update...

I had dose three!!! The amount of times I almost told them I didn't want it was silly, but I didn't say it and I persisted. Have to say this one was honestly the most difficult for me. But what choice do I have? This is the only thing that will save my life. I know what side effects to expect and when, knowing your'e willingly allowing someone to poison you and make you feel that ill is difficult. It's in now though, and the side effects have started as predicted.

I expect it to be a horrid week, but it is the last one of the FEC! Next time I have herceptin and taxotere, which again plunges me into the unknown. So far I have been told it won't really make me feel sick, but the aches are bad. Still hoping it's easier than this one!

Less than three weeks and I will be halfway through this horrible part of my journey!

Yesterday my oncologist has told me I will be having 4 weeks of radiotherapy, 5 days a week. After this I will be having 10 years tamoxifen (I was told 5 years at diagnosis but new research has shown 7-10 years give's me a better chance that it won't return).

To anyone that's reading this and needs chemo or is part way through. Yes, its horrible, I won't lie, but it's also do'able. There is life at the end of it, it will make you see things in a different light and it will change you as a person. But maybe that's all for the best. Call it life experience. The best of luck to you, I hope the side effect's are kind. Love and hugs xx

3 comments:

  1. Well done Debs! The Coucs are thinking about you <3 Beth xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done Debby, you are an inspiration to all of us. I couldn't

    cope as well as you are doing. Love you lots, Gran. x x x

    ReplyDelete