Tuesday 23 July 2013

1/3 of the way there...

Im 1/3 of the way there!! Third chemo today, which I'm dreading!

So the second dose side effects: some sickness even after 5 different anti-emetics, the usual aches, extreme tiredness, a decent wheeze and I also think I have a bit of fluid retention going on, gunna discuss this with oncologist today!

Had another amazing well week, it's good to be able to get out and about. Crammed three weeks of life into one! Also went on a night out with a bald head, and I have to say I rather enjoyed the feeling, it has been too hot recently for scarves.

I have been introduced to an amazing facebook group, everyone there is a young woman (under the age of screening) who has breast cancer. There are near on 500 members! I have so far found this group and these women to be an amazing source of support. My family, friends and boyfriend provide me with an amazing support, but these women are all at different steps along a similar horrific path to mine. That provides a different kind of support. They, like me, know how it is first hand, and also many have tricks to help with side effect's! Always a bonus in my eye's.

They have made me realise it's not about being positive, it's about hope. It's perfectly ok not to be positive 100% of the time, it's normal to feel like I can't do this or can't carry on. As long as once I've had a good cry I pick myself up, give myself a kick up the bum and don't let it last too long. It's about hope that I can get through this poisoning that is chemo, hope that it never ever comes back, hope that my genes show nothing and I am simply "unlucky" at this point in my life, hope that one day I have some resemblance of a twenty-somthing's life and hope that one day I can have my own little family...

This cycle seems set to be a busy one. I have a pre-assessment for my port-a-cath, insertion of port-a-cath and and echocardiogram planned so far.

I do not want my body to be pumped full of this awful poison, but what choice do I have? Here goes!

Oh, and to all my beautiful female friend's, get checking!!! Lots of love xx

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Debs...one day at a time, you just keep walking the walk girl and get lots of cuddles on your bad days....xxx

    ReplyDelete