Tuesday 9 July 2013

Change in treatment.


Chemo last week brought up a few changes, firstly my actual chemotherapy regime is changing. FEC-T is my new action plan, which seems even more fitting as i keep thinking that lump is gunna be FEC-T! I have the same chemo as the first time for three cycles and then cycle 4, 5 and 6 I am given a different drug, the T part.

One of the other tests on the lump has come back which shows I need herceptin. Sounds like that's every 3 weeks for 12 months. My PICC line can't stay in that long, I have to have a port-a-cath! Those I have spoken to recently will know that this is a positive thing for me personally as I absolutely hate my PICC! Mainly due to problems with my skin and the dressings and the fact it's so visible. Should be having port put in just before my next chemo which is in two weeks.

As soon as the stitches are out of the port insertion site I plan to have the longest bath known to mankind! So, so excited!

Finally feeling more normal today, the first week is tough post-chemo! I now plan on making the most of these next two weeks and this beautiful weather! Xx

1 comment:

  1. Ooooooh Debs a bath darling get your man to sprinkle rose petals in it...he can light candles & buy you some luxurious bath products...you deserve some pampering darling.xxx

    ReplyDelete