Saturday 13 July 2013

A bit miffed

I am desperate for this PICC to be taken out, I have therefore spent the whole week making phonecalls trying to chase up the referral and get a date booked. Finally got somewhere yesterday and was given a pre-assessment and a procedure date for next week which then led to me bouncing round the house in a little bubble of happiness!

That lasted 10 minutes. Then I got a phone call in which they said they had already cancelled that date and re-booked me for August as I already have a PICC (which I told them first time round anyway!) so it "isn't as desperate for me to have it done". Bubble burst! I then preceded to start crying, then sobbing, down the phone explaining I was having problems with the PICC hence the desperate need for one before my next chemo, would he listen? No! He then started to treat me like an idiot, i got cross, cried more and now have to wait almost 4 weeks before I can have a port.

I seriously hope I ruined that blokes day by crying, he certainly ruined mine! I also hope he goes home and tells his wife/partner/mother that he made a 24 year old with breast cancer cry and I hope they point out how nasty he is!

Fingers crossed the person who does it is a hell of a lot nicer than him!

Rant over!

Roll on 4 weeks! Xx

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, don't let please don't let a sad, pathetic excuse for a human being like him take the light away from your day babe.
    You're strong and amazing influence to others in your condition.
    Keep fighting the good fight babe.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nasty heartless piece of work...what goes around comes around sweetheart. ..hope todays a better dsy Debs.x

    ReplyDelete