Friday 14 June 2013

Silly body!

Lost the positiveness a little again today, need some good news in my life!

Instead I woke up with blood on my PICC line dressing, turns out im allergic to the tape and looks like i'm developing a blood blister under one dressing already as well as the fact I must have banged it in my sleep! Had it redressed by the lovely district nurse which is less itchy but still uncomfortable. Chemo unit want to see it on Monday, wondering now if a port-a-cath would have been more appropriate... May bring that one up.

To add to that occupational health have phoned today, had some random bloods done a few weeks before diagnosis due to another illness', was only meant to have my chickenpox immunity checked but they also did my MMR... Despite having the vaccines when little I am not immune to measles and mumps! Great! Will have to ask about having the vaccine, it's live so I'll prob have to wait for that one. May need to go live in a cave at this rate. Glad to hear I'm immune to chickenpox though!

Had a spontaneous visit off the best friend and my gorgeous god-daughter this afternoon, much needed or I think I'd be sat sobbing right now. I'm lucky to have such beautiful friends and amazing support!

Here's hoping next week is a better one! 6 days and counting to my head shaving party! (Yes - party, i don't want it to be a depressing night!) xx

3 comments:

  1. Stay positive Debby sending you a big hug xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If won't be. If you still have the sheers when I arrive you can have a go at my head

    ReplyDelete
  3. If won't be. If you still have the sheers when I arrive you can have a go at my head

    ReplyDelete