Monday 24 June 2013

Head shaving party! :)

I had my head shaved!

Chemo attacks dividing cells, which means it not only attacks that lump but also attacks some of my healthy cells, which includes hair follicles. This unfortunately means that my hair will ultimately fall out. As a bit of a control freak I cannot stand the thought of waking up with it on my pillow or it all washing down the plughole. For this reason I decided to have a head shaving party!

My hair was long enough to donate to little princesses http://www.littleprincesses.org.uk/and I also did a bit of fundraising for two charities, so far raised over £1000! Much better than letting it fall out in my eyes.

I was completely overwhelmed by the number of people who came to support me and donate! The pub was packed! So a massive thank-you to all those people, knowing I have such a big support network helps the fight.

I actually really quite like it! Massive relief... My head is not boy shaped!

Pro list of having a shaved head:
  • Showering is much easier.
  • I dont need to worry my hair is a mess when I dont feel well enough to shower.
  • I will save a small fortune on hair products.
  • My hair will be given to a child who needs it.
  • I have managed to raise for something that would have happened naturally.
  • I dont have to go through the heartbreak of watching it fall out.
  • Its a perfect excuse for shopping! I need scarves!

Cons:
  • Its a little chilly.
  • Its a big change to the children i know which is a little scary at first (the fairies will slowly grow it all back though).

Now to wait for this stubble to fall out before the head polishing jokes start! Xx

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh Debbie I aint just saying it...it looks good on you girl...keep fighting girl...x

    ReplyDelete