Friday 24 January 2014

Radiotherapy so far.

16 radiotherapy sessions down, 4 to go! I have finished the first stage of radiotherapy and have now started the booster sessions.

So far I've slowly become more and more tired as the days have gone on, which I'm told is normal and will continue for a couple of weeks after, I have also got what looks like a very badly sunburnt bad boob! It's very, very red, a bit warm and kills when i have pressure put on it like when i sleep. I have a radiation burn too, that bit hurts! It appears to be where my underwire has sat and aggravated that part of my skin more. I do try and take my bra off as much as possible and only wear it when I go out but it's still burnt. A couple of weeks after radiotherapy I have been told this will start to heal. I have been given some cream for it but ouchy nonetheless!

I still feel very emotional led on the table, I'm not 100% sure why,  I think it's a few things. I am sick and tired of having strangers poke my chest and move my body like I am a rag doll, I feel like the enormity and reality of the last 8 months has finally started to hit me, lying in that room staring at the ceiling is a very lonely experience and at 24 I simply feel it is not fair I am going through this. They seem to be the main feelings I have, unfortunately today as they had to do a scan before starting boosters I wasn't fully aware of where I would be in the machine, when it started to move, then I felt surrounded by it and had about 20cms above me that I could see through to the ceiling and that was it. I became very claustrophobic and completely overwhelmed by everything and started crying led there half naked. I managed to keep still and the radiotherapy was given, which to say how upset I was I am rather proud about managing strangely. I then sat up, had a good sob with a lovely radiotherapist and a box of tissues, and felt so much better for it!

4 to go, 4 to go, 4 to go... I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment