Monday 23 December 2013

Very happy Christmas news!

Went to see my surgeon and breast care nurse today. The pathology report shows no cancerous or pre-cancerous (DCIS) cells, just fat necrosis, which is basically dead cells from my WLE operation. Amazing news!

My boob was also quite swollen and sore, they took the stitch out which stung a little, and he had a good feel, turns out I had a seroma (collection of fluid). So he stuck a huge needle in and syringed 200mls off! Needless to say it now feels much more comfortable despite stinging!

I have also started my course of tamoxifen, which in a strange way is rather scary. This is the tablet I will be taking every single day for the next 10 years of my life. The benefits of it are huge, but the possible side effects also sound horrible. It will put me into a very early menopause so I mainly have hot flushes and mood swings to look forward to. Heres hoping that's all the side effects I get though! I also need to be careful what other medicines I take alongside tamoxifen as they can decrease its effectiveness, which I don't want to do. I currently have labyrinthitis (viral inner ear infection) so I'm currently on tablets to stop me wobbling and going dizzy whilst my body fights it, luckily I am allowed both these together.



All in all it's blooming good news, and just in time for Christmas! Hopefully the only wobbling I will be doing now is from the alcohol Christmas celebrations! Have a good one folks. Xx

1 comment: