Tuesday 31 December 2013

Radiotherapy planning

Christmas eve afternoon involved a trip out to the hospital where I will be having radiotherapy.

It was a really simple appointment, few quick questions then I led on a special table with an arm slot above my head. They drew some crosses on my chest in marker pen, took a few measurements and did a CT scan in the position I was led in. The center of two crosses were marked with a permanent tattoo so i can be lined up for each radiotherapy session. I have one between my breast's, nicely hidden in my cleavage and one under my arm at the same level. Pretty sure given a couple of years I will momentarily forget what they are and mistake them for blackheads, they are that small.

It sounds like each session I will lie on a replica of that table, be lined up with the measurements and my tattoos then have the radiation fired at me.

Bit nervous about taking the first step on the next big part of my journey but also looking forward to getting it over and done with.

No comments:

Post a Comment