Monday 25 November 2013

Results!!

This morning I received my bone scan results and operation results.

The bone scan showed no sign of spread into my bones, which is a huge relief. The peculiar patches must just have been the damage caused by chemo.

As for my operation. They took a huge lump of tissue (9.4 cm x 7 cm x 5 cm i believe, 149 grams) as the MRI and mammogram showed a big shadow and they have to remove a certain amount of healthy tissue around it too, to make sure nothing nasty is left behind.

I had a ductal carcinoma, which is where the cancer spreads out of the duct and surrounds it, creating what was the huge lump. In all the tissue removed when it was tested there were no remaining cancer cells!! 

Yey for chemo! It's done an amazing job.

Within the affected duct they found DCIS (ductal carcinoma in-situ). This is pre-cancerous cells, ones that could potentially become cancerous. They have good margins round most of it, just on one side the cells are too close to the edge of the sample. Meaning I need another operation in two weeks to have a cavity shave. Removing a little more tissue to ensure theres nothing nasty left over that could become cancerous in the future.

If there is a visible difference cosmetically (which there isn't at the moment), I may be able to have lipo remodelling, this, I think, is where they inject some of my body fat into the dint to kind of bulk it back up.

Thank goodness I have more than my fair share of boobs eh!

My stitch has been removed and the scar looks like it will be barely visible!

All in all a bloody good morning!!

Now to keep my fingers crossed that genetics this afternoon goes well... Xx

3 comments:

  1. At last some peace of mind for you Debbie..a light at the end of the tunnel..you're inspirational sweetheart......hooray... Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great news for a great lady !!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news Debbie! Much deserved!!! Xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete