Friday 15 November 2013

6 months!

6 months today since that dreaded word "cancer" became a huge part of my life and named itself as the opponent of the biggest, and most difficult, fight I'll probably ever face.

It's true that you don't hear anything after that word, all I remember from that room is "cancer" and "You'll lose your hair". I probably did a pretty good impression of a goldfish as those words hit me like a slow motion train crash.

The last 6 months has been a huge roller-coaster of emotions and appointments. I have had two operations, 6 doses of chemotherapy and 5 doses of herceptin.

I have also changed as a person, physically and mentally. I have found that I am stronger than I could have ever imagined and I have more willpower than I believed. My body has fought and has not let me down.

I will keep rolling the punches out as I have more herceptin, radiotherapy, tamoxifen and possibly further surgery.

6 months!

Today, I am winning.

1 comment: